Dialogue for Non Formal Education
The EU and civil society organizations in Turkey (NGOs) through bilateral exchanges and cooperation between to contribute to the recognition and development of non-formal education in Turkey.
- The establishment of a participatory civil society dialogue, the creation of an appropriate basis for the recognition of non-formal education Educators in Turkey.
- The Republic of Turkey officially added to the list of known modules of the Ministry of Education, non-formal education programs, developing training modules on universal values and social skills.
- Develop the capacity of NGOs working at the local level to design and deliver non-formal learning for trainings with target audiences and improve the quality of training.
- In the context of formal education, affecting Turkey and the general public about the importance and benefits of Turkey’s membership in the EU.
Research: A research will be conducted on existing good practices and ongoing processes for the recognition and development of non-formal education in Europe.
Dialogue: Conference call in various regions of Turkey to establish a dialogue in the field of non-formal education, focus group meetings will be held. Study visits to EU countries will be organized to ensure that knowledge, experience and good practices can be observed on site.
Development: Training modules on Universal Values and social skills will be developed on the basis of Experiential Learning Methodologies.
Capacity Building: Local CSOs and trainers will receive training in both the experiential learning methodology and the non-formal education modules developed, thereby improving their capacity to become accredited non-formal education providers in their regions.
Dissemination: Turkey’s promotional video on the benefits of EU membership will be produced in the context of formal education. There will also be a final conference to share the results of the project.
Project Name : Dialogue for Non-Formal Education
Time: 15 Months
Applicant: DeM Experiential Training Center
Program : The EU-Turkey Civil Society Dialogue Support Program (CSD-V)
- MESVAK Müteşebbis Gelişim Vakfı
- AEYC Association of Estonian Open Youth Centres (Estonia)
- ERGON Training NGO (Greece)
- Ministry of Education
- General Directorate of Lifelong Learning
- Estonia Ministry of Education
- Abdullah Gül University
Project Duration: April 2019 – June 2020